When VMs exist in static IP environments and a VM is being used to capture a thin image with MDT, the boot image must be instructed to use a static IP during the capture process. Here is my method of achieving this.
- Download the “SetStaticIP.vbs” and updated “Unattend.xml” file, using the following link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwHI1r8k8A75S2w0UkZUeWM3NzA
- Update the “SetStaticIP.vbs” to assign your desired static IP.
- Add both files to an empty folder.
- Add the folder to your MDT boot image “Extra Files”.
- Lastly, Update your Deployment Share.
Script on GitHub: